Local, Technical + Strategic SEO Services
Serving Heathfield, Battle and surrounding areas in East Sussex
We help your site succeed in search.
Which is to say: we get you found by the people you want to meet. We’re nice like that.
We align your website with search engine guidelines to provide lasting technical optimisation that works on local and international scales. Or, rather more simply, we help you to develop an effective online presence that drives visitors to your website and converts them into customers.
East Sussex is home to a growing hub of entrepreneurs. From Heathfield to Battle and Hailsham to Hastings, people are taking the plunge and setting up sites, selling products and services not only to local customers but across the world.
Are you growing your online store but want to take the next step? Want to make sure your local shop or service is the first thing residents see when they search online?
Maybe you’re taking part in the annual Heathfield Show and want to tell your fans and followers where to find you. Or you’d like to reach the thousands of tourists that come to celebrate Bonfire Night in Battle each year.
Google Ranking Achievements
A small selection of sebdigital’s SEO accomplishments from the last few years.
Classic Cars for Sale
It’s OK: you are down but not out!
A Google penalty is not the end of your online presence – but it is a very serious setback.
We can help you to quickly overcome the seemingly catastrophic effects of complex algorithmic and manual penalties.
We’ve done this time and again for other businesses. In every case, the breakthrough has come from identifying the precise cause of the penalty.
Whether it is inbound links or on-site content we evaluate the scope of the issue and help you to implement a robust plan of action that will clear the penalty as quickly as possible.
Phew! Let’s get back to business then shall we?
SEO gains are the first casualties of a relaunch.
In the excitement of developing a new design, during the ‘eureka’ euphoria of simplifying your site architecture or in those hours of usability testing, crucial SEO objectives can easily become side-lined, swept under the coding carpet and eventually lost.
It is only after a couple of months of launching that new all singing, all dancing site that the room goes silent and, suddenly, that pin drops:
“Why have I lost most of the organic traffic to my site?”
In our experience new websites may please just about everyone but the search engines.
That old site may not have been great to look at, particularly easy to use or the best at converting traffic, but it had developed its own idiosyncratic relationship with the search engines that you do not wish to completely lose.
We are past masters at helping you not throw your baby out with the bath water. Our migration audit and supervision will ensure that no legacy issues are inherited by your new site but also that what it did well is maintained. We work closely with your development team to ensure that nothing gets lost in the mix.
Our full technical audits offer you a blueprint to success. They comprehensively reveal exactly how your site can be optimised by considering every vital facet that may affect its search engine rankings and performance.
- We check your website’s accessibility to ensure that every area you want to be crawled is visited by the search engine spiders.
- We next make sure that everything is indexed by the capricious search engine.
- On-site ranking factors are the many and myriad ways that your site’s development can inadvertently impede its successful optimisation. We will discover and fix these for you. They include (deep breath) URL deployment, URL-based duplication, information architecture, keyword cannibalism, duplicate content and HTML markup issues such as compliance, meta titles and meta descriptions, other meta tags, images and outlinks.
- Off-site ranking factors may not exist on your site but there is a lot you can do to influence them. In fact, some of the main factors that affect your site’s performance actually exist elsewhere. We help you to understand, develop and capitalise on things like your site’s popularity, trustworthiness, backlink profile, authority and social engagement.
If you are a business offering a product or service that is suitable for a local audience, it is vital that your website is optimised locally. We can help you do that.
Search engines are, quite literally, smart cookies.
Their search results are tailored to the location of the searcher. For example, if you are in Brighton and you search for a plumber, Google will serve you local results.
Fortunately we are smart cookies too!
We can help you optimise your site for local searches. We will assess the size and importance of your local search markets, create appropriate content for these, implement appropriate markup to optimise your site and develop your off-site local signals through your business listings and citations.
The gap between where your online presence is and where you want it to be needs a plan to bridge the divide. Our SEO strategy helps you bind your social media, native advertising and PPC channels together. It helps you understand how each channel can be leveraged to achieve the best possible results.
We take a holistic approach to developing your SEO strategy because we know it is central to the success of your business. Our SEO strategy will include the consideration of:
- All of your assets and resources
- Where you sit in relation to your competitors
- How your competitors operate
- Any compliance issues affecting your business
- Content opportunities that may be specific to your sector
- Ways your business can build its online authority
- The search opportunities open to you
We understand that a strategy is more than just a document to follow. It’s the start of a relationship and the opening of an ongoing discussion.
We never try to reinvent the wheel. Instead we discover what works for your competitors and roll out the best bits to your site.
By picking a handful of businesses that have a similar business model to yours, but a greater online presence, we can help you to unlock, emulate and exceed the secrets of their success.
We can reveal to you exactly how their link building and digital marketing strategies work so you can see just what is needed to compete with them and beat them at their own game.
Businesses looking to increase their online exposure, specifically via the search engines, need to ensure that the products and services they offer are reflected on their website in a way that users and search engines would expect.
There’s rarely just one way to describe a product or service. Take USB sticks for example; pen drive, USB drive and flash USB are all ways of searching for the same thing.
The search engines are pretty smart these days. They understand that the same product or service may have different name variations. Nevertheless, it still makes a difference having an ‘optimised’ page over a page written without a keyword theme focus.
Our keyword research services:
- Will help you identify and target your core keywords. These are the phrases that pay.
- Will encourage you to use correspondents. These correlate terms will aid the post-hummingbird recognition of your core keywords.
- Will list your most effective synonyms. These are similar phrases that will help you avoid keyword stuffing.
- Will identify qualifiers. These terms can be added to your core keywords, or used near them, to aid in attracting long tail search queries.
“Like many companies with evolving websites, we at Bikesoup.com needed an SEO expert to bring together the coding architecture and practices delivered by of a number of programmers and make our website as visible as possible to Google.
We had latent issues with older pages on the site and Seb’s structured, methodical and reasoned approach was the perfect tonic needed to achieve our aims. His recommendations have been instrumental in our continual increases in organic search traffic and his guidance has helped our programming team better understand the fundamentals of SEO.
I’ve found Seb to be professional, valuable, highly personable and patient – nothing has been too much trouble and he’s been a pleasure to work with on this project.”
Managing Director, Bikesoup.com